Smarter accounting


Before you set up a limited company you should seek professional advice. Among the options you have are a company limited by shares, a company limited by guarantee, either of which could also be a Community Interest Company.

Once you set up a company you have obligations that can have far-reaching consequences. Alterledger can advise you on the best legal form for your business and make sure everything is sent to Companies House on your behalf.


Once your company has been set up you need to send tax returns to HMRC as well as file accounts with Companies House. The accounts at Companies House are publicly available and are typically prepared on a different basis to the HMRC accounts, which have to be more detailed.

Alterledger can produce your annual accounts and file them online with Companies House and HMRC. Companies are also required to submit an annual return to Companies House including details of directors and shareholders etc. For a fixed fee Alterledger will deal with all your company filing requirements.

Website by Haiwyre